Sunday, March 8

Things I Like...

I haven't much to blog about right now, but I thought I'd make a few recommendations of things that promote to the wellbeing of my mind, body, and spirit.

- Spirit/Mind - Rob Bell's preaching (and that of the other teachers at Mars Hill Bible church). You can check out their website to access some of their teachings, or get their podcast from iTunes. They did an epiphany series on light in John's gospel - amazing.

- Body/Spirit - www.yogajournal.com Under their "multimedia" section there is a link for podcasts, and there are a number of videos of different yoga practices. They are about 20 minutes each, give great instruction and videos, and it's waaaay easier than me sitting down and trying to put together my own series of poses. Try it!

- Mind/Spirit - Chapters/Indigo right now has a list of 20 books you should read before you're 20. I've read 5 - and a few of them after I was 20. I was looking at the table in Indigo last night, and would totally recommend "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. A great little thought provoking book (that caused me to stand on my desk to be able to forcefully get a point across during a discussion in grade 8). For a longer, heftier read, "The Book of Negroes" by Lawrence Hill just won CBC's Canada Reads . I've read it, it's pretty good. You can listen to the Canada Reads discussions and hear what other people have to say about it here

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails