Tuesday, October 12

Playing Hooky

Hi.  Goodmorning.  I miss blogging.

Suck it up, princess, you've got a good job and a great family keeping you busy.

Speaking of which - just made the executive decision not to go into the office this morning, and stay home to get some stuff done around here.  Ok, so, I didn't actually have to be in the office, but I have a meeting this afternoon, and had planned to put in a few hours this morning as well.  Just decided in the shower that rather than running around like a nutter, forgetting my pump, and sitting in traffic, all the while feeling crummy about the fact that the babysitter is coming this afternoon and my house is chaos, I'd stay home and deal with some of the chaos (it's one thing for me to have to make my way through the piles...others shouldn't have to).

So, like, instead of being super-productive while the husband and baby are still sleeping, I'm blogging.  

Other reflection - having a hard time fitting Bible study into my daily routine.  Didn't have a hard time sitting down for a "quick" email/facebook check before my shower that quickly became 15 minutes.  Unnecessary, and will likely happen another 10 times today, and yet, for some reason it seems so difficult to schedule 15 minutes of devotional time into my morning.  Gotta make that happen.

Also.  I want you to know about this:

Ontario Pioneer Camp is a place I spent a LOT of time at growing up.  I worked for many summers as a part of their Inclusion Program, which provides an opportunity for children with special needs to have a great camp experience.  OPC is currently in the running to receive a $25,000 grant from Pepsi which would allow 20 children to go to camp - a huge blessing.  

YOU CAN HELP by going to the Pepsi Refresh Everything website and voting daily for the rest of this month.  You have to create a log-in, but once you've done that, it only takes a minute each day.  While you're at it, check out some of the other causes.  You get ten votes a day (they have to be spread among the various causes), so you might as well spend some of your screen time doing something worthwhile!

Thanks!  Hope you have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails