Sunday, June 8

*sigh of contentment*

My blessings are many. I am sitting in my comfortable little living room, sleeping dog nearby, fan bringing in some outside air, enjoying a few minutes of peace and quiet before I head into a busy week, after a fantastic, but busy weekend. Let me tell you about it...

My sister got married yesterday! It was a great wedding. The day was beautiful, the people were beautiful (especially Hilary, as expected), the venue was beautiful, the speeches were heartfelt, the dancing was funfunfun. Altogether, not much more you could ask for. The only fiasco was that Hilary's hairdresser seemed to have forgotten what they did the week before at the test run, and Hilary came home hating her hair, took it out, and completely re did it. She ended up looking great, but in the meantime, things were a little stressful.

So. About dancing being fun. I had a FANTASTIC time at the dance, which is rather unusual for me. I've figured out why I had so much fun. I didn't have a headache!!! That may not sound like a big deal, but anyone who knows me well knows I have had chronic headache issues for a good 10 years, which has made me sensitive to the slightest noise, and usually, loud music makes me sore and grumpy, and a bit of a party pooper. Not this time. I discovered acupuncture about 2 months ago, and my headaches have been much less frequent, and I am so grateful. I had a blast last night. Also, country boys know how to give you a good time. Those at the wedding that fall into that category were gentlemen, and knew how to have fun, and dance, and made everyone else around them have fun too. (My husband is not offended by this, he doesn't enjoy dancing, and I think he was somewhat relieved that there were other people around to keep me entertained. He enjoyed the outdoor patio and some good conversations).

Today was a nice family day. James and I spent the night at my parents', had breakfast for them, and then had a potluck with family friends and Hilary and Maclean in the evening. And watched the crazy tornado/thunderstorm weather together! It was nutso! And really neat.

So, this week, I have to get a paper finished for my summer course (which thankfully ends this week). I was crazy to think I could work, do school, and be a supportive sister all at the same time. I'm glad that the course is almost done, and that the intense aspect of sister-support is over. I'm also in the midst of waiting to hear about what I hope will be my summer (and beyond) employment, and trying not to stress out too much about the limbo phase. Trying to keep some other options on the back burner too, 'cause I really don't think I could handle the whole summer at the greenhouse. I find it difficult to go to work when it's meaningless to me and I don't have much stake in what goes on there. Plus, it's exhausting, and I am noticing a lot of aches and pains that I would like to not have any more.

Speaking of exhausting...I think it's time for bed! Here's some pics from the weekend :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails