Friday, November 28

Here goes...

I am going to wrap this complaint in something I am thankful for. I am thankful that this is the last Christmas of my undergrad degree. I am thankful that I have only one semester left, and that soon this will be over.
But, for now...
I hate paper writing!
mmmm...not completely true. I hate writing on things that I am not passionate about.
I have two papers to write right now...one due Tuesday, one due Thursday. The Thursday one is incredibly exciting, life giving, even. I feel so energized as I sift through my material and put things together. I think it's the first assignment in my entire undergrad career that I have truly enjoyed.
The only problem is, between now and working on that, I should really finish (start) the other one which is totally uninspiring. It's to be written in first-person, in character, based on a mock negotiation I participated in last week regarding the Caledonia land claim. So, it's this weird mix of research and in character opinion and just....gah. A frustrating class in general.
And, I think I might have Seasonal Affective Disorder. Or I'm just seriously avoiding this schoolwork, but, I have just been a big blob the past few days, and it's not a good thing. I am feeling so unproductive and paralyzed, and then getting frustrated with myself for being unproductive, and it's just a ridiculous cycle. I was supposed to get groceries this morning and then hunker down to get writing, and it took me until 2:00 this afternoon to get my errands done, then home and everything put away, then lunch, then...well, now.
So, I still have a lot of writing to do. And I promised my dog (well, myself really, on his behalf) that we would walk today, and all I want to do is curl up in bed. Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails