Tuesday, October 13

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've had a couple people ask about the recipe for these babies, which is one of my fall favourites, so I thought I'd post it for all to enjoy. I'm eating one now. Mmmmm.

Ingredients:

4 c. all purpose flour
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon (I'd add more...and maybe some nutmeg)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
16 oz pureed or canned pumpkin
1 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts (if you want)

In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
Add pumpkin, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed until well mixed.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 F for 13-14 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. (I find my edges begin to brown closer to 8-10 minutes...)
Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

The batter for these guys is really gloppy, and they are deliciously soft when done, and so can be deceiving to tell how finished they are. Don't worry if you're spooning runny stuff onto the pan, as long as it sort of stays together, and watch closely to see when they're done on the bottom, 'cause they can look deceivingly "un-done".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails