Tuesday, February 23

Hellooooo out there. I'm still here.

Once upon a time, I blogged. I'm going to try to get back into it. See, as much as I like blogging, I just have a little less time with my hands free lately. And, when I do have that time, often blogging is not high on the priority list. That being said, I do think it is important to take some time to reflect, which is something that blogging helps me do. Sometimes writing things down forces you to organize your thoughts, which can be helpful. So, here I am again. With lots of thoughts; this could be long. (Did you see that? I just used a semicolon. Properly. If you're not sure how to do that, as apparently lots of people in my life aren't, there is a hilarious semicolon tutorial I'd love you to check out.)
I'm loving this baby-mama thing. It's pretty great. Well, Haydon's pretty great. Getting up multiple times at night I don't think I will ever love, but, it's getting a lot better. The past couple of nights have included stretches of sleep up to 6 hours long, and that is cause for celebration! Haydon is a super happy baby, which makes my job much easier. He's pretty content to lay on the floor or sit in his little chair while I cook or do computer stuff or clean, which is good, 'cause it means those things actually happen. He's also starting to coo and laugh a lot, which is so much fun. And, his head is very soft. And smells good. And we cuddle, lots, and it's great. (A note about starting successive sentences with "and"...I was editing some work of my mom's and chastised her for starting a bunch of sentences with and, and then realized afterward it was a quote, from the Bible. Apparently Paul (or whoever translated him into English), is allowed to start sentences with and. And so am I.) I may not be allowed to use parentheses within parentheses, but, I just did.
This past weekend was the True City conference here in Hamilton. True City is an inter-denominational movement of churches "working together for the good of the city." It's a pretty great thing, seeing churches work together across boundaries to bless our neighbourhoods, and some great things have come out of the partnerships. Following the conference this week is a 24/7 prayer room at Philpot Memorial Church. James and I went for some time yesterday morning, and I'm planning to go back again on Thursday. I'd encourage those of you in Hamilton to check it out - it's a beautiful room, set up with various stations to help focus your prayer on different areas in which True City is working - refugees, First Nations, mental health and addictions, neighbourhood partnerships, etc.
I had more to say. I know I did. I just can't remember at all what it was. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails