Wednesday, February 4

The Other Side of the Coin

I am really good at complaining and venting.
I am not generally all that good at talking about what's good. So I'm gonna try to do that more often, and I thought that after yesterday's lament, I should tell the rest of the story.

After wallowing all yesterday afternoon, sitting in front of my school work getting little done, I decided to move on. I got up, blasted some good music, cleaned the kitchen, went out and shoveled, and came in feeling ten thousand times better. I should've done all of that first thing in the afternoon, I think it would've made a big difference. The combination of encouraging words, seeing some progress in the kitchen, and the fresh air from shoveling did me a world of good.

I have been listening to Capstone nonstop since last night...I don't think they're still together, and was trying to find a link for them, but couldn't come up with much, but if you can track down their album B-Sides, or Integreality, I would highly recommend them. Songs especially meaningful for me right now are "Dry Bones", "Hold Me Up", "You Are My Rock", and "Invention." Check 'em out.

And today. Today has been good so far. This morning I spent some time reading scripture and journalling, two things that have been really missing from my life lately. Scripture lately has really been doing it's job of showing me where I need some serious change in my life. I am being made uncomfortably aware of some of my tendencies toward pride, selfishness, and grumbling. These awarenesses, added to the fact that I am dropping balls in almost every area of my life, are really driving home the fact that "apart from me [Jesus] you [I] can do nothing" (John 15:5). But, I am holding on to the promise that "the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ" (Phil 1:6). While that is encouraging, it doesn't change the fact that it is work, hard work, and it is likely going to take a loooong time.

Victory of the day so far? Mood control, and completing an assignment that's due tomorrow by the time I set out for myself - noon. Now I can move on to other things that need to be done, without that hanging over my head.

Looking forward to - walking with Naomi this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails