Thursday, August 19

Thankful Thursdays

I've had a lot on my mind this week.  Which job is best?  What should I do?

But you know what?  While I don't love the stress that has come of it, I can't overlook the fact that I am pretty blessed to have choices.  I have options.  I have a number of opportunities to choose from.

So that's what I'm thankful for.  I'm thankful that I have choices.

I can choose to stay home with my boy.

I can choose to go to work.

I can choose where I want to work.

And even in the midst of trying to discern which of the jobs I'm applying for would be best, the fact remains that even if I don't get any of them, right now I have a job to go back to if I want it.

That is a real blessing.

Also in the thankfulness vein, I have some great men in my life.  
The manager from my current job, who was interviewing me for one of the other positions I was considering (and turned down yesterday, which, may have been nuts, but, it's done), invited me to have a frank discussion about what options I might have.  He didn't have to do that at all, and he did it at the end of a pretty busy and emotional day for him, and I am so grateful for the way he has worked hard to make sure I have a job that works well for me.  
When I got home from that meeting, James was outside hanging diapers on the line.  I plopped down in a chair and tried to process some of my options with him, as he continued to hang dipes.  The sweet old Italian lady nextdoor was outside.  She waved to me, pointed at James, and said "Good husband!  Hanging clothes!"  It never occured to me - both generationally, and culturally, this would be a big deal to her!
Today my parents came over for lunch, and Mom stayed with Haydon while I went for a second interview (at the job I've decided I want...waiting to hear...).  I made an off-hand comment that it's tricky to get much done with Haydon so mobile now and mentioned that I had laundry that needed to come in, and be hung.  Before I know it my dad was taking off the diapers, hung out my laundry, and then finished putting away the food that had been left out from lunch.  
Lots to be thankful for.  Like the baby that's sleeping, the clothes that are drying, the food that I have to make for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails